Hormone-free cream against vaginal dryness
Indications for use
For symptoms caused by dryness of the vagina and external genital area (dryness, stinging, itching and painful intercourse, e.g. during the menopause, due to oestrogen deficiency). Vagisan MoistCream can also be used to facilitate sexual intercourse.
- is a smooth, white cream developed for use against symptoms of vaginal dryness
- contain no hormones (estrogens)
- can be used alongside hormone replacement therapy or with vaginal creams or pessaries that do contain hormones (estrogen)
- maintain at a healthy pH of 4.5 within the vagina due to the addition of lactic acid
- contain high water content which moisturises the skin within the vagina and external genital area
- contain nourishing lipids (fats) which keep the skin supple
- help to prevent irritation of the vaginal and external genital area
- can be used before sexual intercourse to alleviate symptoms of vaginal dryness
- Based on the latest findings, tear strength of condoms and caps/ diaphragms (made of latex or polyurethane or polyisoprene) can be compromised with simultaneous use of Vagisan MoistCream. Therefore, as a precautionary measure, the cream should not be used with condoms or caps/ diaphragms.
- For women wishing to conceive, there are no implications for using Vagisan MoistCream, as sperm mobility is not impaired.
Vagisan MoistCream can be used inside the vagina (with an Applicator) and on the external genital area.
- For use inside the vagina, fill the Applicator one-half full with the cream and apply inside the vagina, preferably before going to bed. It can be used once a day or less often (such as 2–3 x per week), depending on individual symptoms. We recommend wearing a panty liner when using this product.
- To care for the external genital area and the vaginal opening, Vagisan MoistCream can be applied directly several times per day as needed.
- It may be used during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- For vaginal dryness, Vagisan MoistCream can be applied as needed prior to intercourse.
aqua, benzyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate, lactic acid, octyldodecanol, polysorbate 60, sodium lactate, sorbitan stearate
The cream is free of hormones and fragrances.
Vagisan MoistCream is a medical device.
- How does Vagisan MoistCream work?
- How is Vagisan MoistCream different from other moisturising products?
- How often should I use Vagisan MoistCream?
- Can I use Vagisan MoistCream during pregnancy?
- Will the safety of condoms be affected if I use Vagisan MoistCream as a lubricant?
- My partner and I are trying to conceive. Can I use Vagisan MoistCream?
- What is the lactic acid content in Vagisan MoistCream and can I use Vagisan MoistCream instead of Vagisan Lactic Acid to prevent recurring vaginal infections?
- I am going through the menopause and suffer badly from vaginal dryness. How long do I have to use Vagisan MoistCream until the symptoms disappear completely?
- I experienced a burning sensation after applying Vagisan MoistCream to the external genital area and vaginal opening. Is this normal? Can I and should I continue to use the cream?
- I have breast cancer and have to take antihormonal drugs. Since then, the skin in my genital area has been very dry. Can I use Vagisan MoistCream?
- Is Vagisan MoistCream suitable for young women too? I am 20 years old.