Questions asked from Malaysian women.
During a Vagisan event to emphasize on the importance of intimate health, many Malaysian women shared their questions with us.
Find the answers below:
for application in the vagina and to the external genital area, even before intercourse
INSIDE the vagina
- Fill the applicator half full with the cream and apply inside the vagina, preferably before going to bed
- Once a day or less often, depending on individual needs
- Recommend wearing panty liner when using
EXTERNAL genital area
- Apply directly up to several times per day as needed with fingers
Vagisan Lactic Acid:
pessaries for application in the vagina
- Insert 1 pessary in the vagina in the evening before going to bed
- Duration: 5 to 7 days; Can also be used 2-3x (1 pessary a day) a week over long period
- Recommend wearing panty liner when using
Vagisan Protective Ointment:
use (only) in the external intimate area or skin
- Apply a thin layer (pea-sized amount) of the ointment on the skin and spread on the regularly affected external intimate areas
- The ointment can be applied 1–2 times a day, more frequently if required
- Application is recommended especially after washing, or before sporting activities
Vagisan Intimate Wash Lotion:
Only for external use
- Daily like a shower gel or wash lotion
- First moisten the area, then apply a thumb-sized amount directly into your hand or washcloth, and distribute on the external vaginal area. Rinse after this
In most cases hormonal changes is the cause for vaginal dryness. During menopause the level of estrogens decreases, which is a completely normal process. The decrease of estrogens may have various consequences, including vaginal dryness. Due to the low levels of estrogens the whole genital tract shrinks and loses part of its elasticity, the skin becomes thinner and more fragile.
As a consequence, less fluid is produced in the vagina. Ultimately these processes may lead to a feeling of vaginal dryness. Using Vagisan MoistCream to provide soothing lipids and moisture is recommended.
Usually occurring during menopause as a result of changes to the hormonal constitution due to normal ageing. Less vaginal fluid is produced in the vagina and the skin becomes thinner and more fragile. Even younger women can experience vaginal dryness, e.g. after uterine or ovarian surgery, after birth or during breastfeeding, or when taking the pill. Furthermore, some medications and even stress can also be associated with dryness in the internal and external genital area. Vagisan MoistCream provides moisture and soothing lipids. Therefore it relieves discomfort and itching.
A water based lubricant has a short-term effect, which is only aiming at facilitating sexual intercourse via the reduction of friction. Thus, it needs to be applied directly before sexual intercourse. But it can make vaginal dryness even worse.
Vagisan MoistCream does not only contain high water content but also nourishing lipids.
The cream can be applied in the external or internal area, even before intercourse.
Vaginal discharge is normal and is part of the natural protective and self-cleaning system of the vagina. However, unusual discharge may be a sign of a vaginal infection.
It is not possible to answer this question in general but it must be answered on an individual basis, best with the help of a medical professional. Every woman has a natural vaginal smell, that can change with her menstrual cycle. This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. But to feel more fresh in the intimate are, a special mild cleanser can be used, e.g. Vagisan Intimate Wash Lotion. The lotion cleanses gently the external intimate area and can be used on a daily basis as it is very well tolerated.
The vagina (inside) has a strong natural protective system, including the vaginal flora. This system has self-cleaning properties and it is not recommended to disturb the vaginal flora, e.g. with vaginal douches. However, the vulva (outside) may be washed (not more than) once or twice daily with a mild wash-lotion, e.g. Vagisan Intimate Wash Lotion. First moisten the area, then apply a thumb-sized amount directly into your hand or washcloth, and distribute on the external vaginal area. Rinse after this.