for vaginal dryness
Indications for use
There are already several hormone-free, gel-based products (aqueous preparations) available to alleviate discomfort due to vaginal dryness. For many women, however, these lack the soothing and lubricating components; they would therefore rather use a cream. However, most creams available up to now require a prescription and contain oestrogens (female hormones).
Vagisan MoistCream with dual effect can help all women who cannot or do not want to apply local oestrogens: it provides moisture AND soothing lipids (fats) to the skin in the vaginal and external genital area. Vagisan MoistCream makes the sensitive skin in the vaginal area pleasantly supple – without the need for hormones.
50 g Cream (with applicator)
The first hormone-free cream for vaginal dryness
Unlike a water-based preparation (gel), Vagisan MoistCream is a cream. Creams always have a soothing lipid component in addition to a high water content.
The smooth, white cream does not contain hormones (oestrogens) and can therefore be used together with hormone replacement therapy or be alternated with hormone-based (oestrogen) vaginal creams or pessaries. Through the addition of lactic acid, the pH value of the cream is 4.5 and, as such, Vagisan MoistCream helps to maintain the natural acidity (pH) in the vagina.
Regular use of Vagisan MoistCream can help to prevent irritation and inflammation in the vagina and external genital area caused by dryness.
Vagisan MoistCream can be used prior to sexual intercourse. As the cream does not affect sperm motility, it can also be used while trying to conceive.
Vagisan MoistCream can be used inside the vagina (with an applicator) and on the external genital area.
- For use inside the vagina, fill the applicator one-half full with the cream and apply inside the vagina, preferably before going to bed. It can be used once a day or less often as needed, depending on individual symptoms. We recommend wearing a panty liner when using this product.
- To care for the external genital area and the vaginal opening, Vagisan MoistCream can be applied directly several times per day as needed.
- It may be used during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- For vaginal dryness, Vagisan MoistCream can be applied as needed prior to intercourse.
Aqua, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Lactic Acid, Octyldodecanol, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Stearate
The cream is free of hormones and fragrances.
Vagisan MoistCream is a medical device.
Vagisan MoistCream, 50 g Cream (with applicator)
Always consult your GP in case of severe symptoms or pain in the vaginal and external genital area, or in case of bleeding. Hormonal treatment may be necessary in the form of vaginal cream or pessaries. Discuss this option with your doctor.
You should also consult your doctor
- in case of pain or burning when urinating
- if you notice traces of blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement
- if you suspect a vaginal infection (discharge, severe burning, itching)