When should you consult your gynaecologist?

Redness, irritation, itching and burning in the genital area – almost any woman will recognise these symptoms and many deal with them constantly.

Vaginal infections and other complaints in the genital area can have many causes. It's a good idea to be informed because you can often do things yourself to prevent or alleviate the complaints.

But you need to seek medical advice:

  • If you have discomfort in your intimate area for the first time
  • If you have a heavy discharge, particularly if it is the first time
  • If you have a discharge nearly all the time
  • If you develop abdominal pain and/or a fever, together with a discharge
  • If you have pain anywhere in your intimate area
  • If burning, itching or redness of the vulvar region becomes excessive
  • If you experience burning or pain when urinating
  • If you notice traces of blood on toilet paper after a bowel movement
  • If you have any discomfort in your intimate area while you are pregnant